Nicola has worked for Relate for eight years and completed over 2,500 hours of counselling with individuals and couples, teenagers and young people. Common issues include lack of communication, break-ups, affairs, and domestic violence both physical and mental.
Relevant training, qualifications & experience
- Graduate Member of the Institute of Personnel Development
- University of Hull Advanced Diploma of Couple Counselling
- Relate Institute Family Counselling
- Relate Institute Relationship Counselling
- Relate Institute Working with Teenagers
- Centre for Child Mental Health Therapeutic Counselling Skills for Children
- Working with Self Harm and Suicide Ideation Certificate
- Relate Institute Domestic Violence
- Relate Institute Substance Misuse and Couples
- Relate Institute Bereavement and Loss
- Cruse Bereavement Care Certificate in Bereavement Counselling
- Counselling Assessment
Nicola brings a special type of energy to coaching. She truly believes that her clients have the capacity to create beautiful, long lasting change. She pays close attention to patterns, and looks to understand a person’s full story before examining the “issue” that’s bringing the client in. Nicola listens to understand, and uses a collaborative approach so that she and her clients can explore, discuss, challenge thoughts and feelings, and create goals.
Nicola’s style uses warmth, compassion, intuition, optimism, and collaboration. She is active in coaching, and although she finds listening to be incredibly important, she’s known to challenge her clients, highlight where they’re stuck, and encourage their transformation.